Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ahhh....

Today marks the first day in my life that I have been at home during the day by myself!  No sick kids at home, no homeschoolers, no kindergarteners, just me.  Wow.  The time went way too fast.  I got a lot done and felt incredibly productive.

The house is starting to feel like home now.  I asked everyone what was their favorite thing about the new house.  Here are some of the answers:
  • I can walk to school
  • The dishwasher works really well
  • My room is huge
  • There are two living rooms
  • We aren't squished together
  • We can come into the house through the garage
  • The stairs!  I like to lay on them!
  • We have a deck
It's seems incredible to me that our long journey that started in March when Brian and I drove up here for the first time is at a nice stopping point.  We've weathered a lot of things between then and now.  The kids have been very adaptive and mostly positive from the first time we sat them down and told them we were moving to dealing with my hectic not always kind self when Brian left in June and I was still working full time and trying to get ready to move to the long trip in the car to living in multiple hotels to moving into our house.  Whew!  It's been an adventure.  There have been really hard times amidst the hope that things will get better.  It's nice to be on the getting better side!

I love my dear family and thank my Father in Heaven each day for the privilege I have to spend my time on earth with them.  I am thankful for my mom and sister and her husband for taking care of my daughters so perfectly as they were in Utah after we left.  Family is a wonderful thing, and I have a wonderful thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment