Thursday, October 9, 2014

Conference weekend was a refreshing and fun time for us.  I especially liked hearing some of the general authorities speak in their own language.  Peter tried speaking Chinese like one of them and we recorded him:


Brian got to go spend the night on Monday in the big metropolis of Casper.  It's about 2 and a half hours away from us.  He had meetings with the other store managers.  They have a Walmart, of course he stopped there before he came home.  Walmart's are like the oasis in the desert, when you come across one you have to stop and stock up because you don't know when you will see one again!
On Tuesday our high school hosted a marching band exhibition with three other high schools-Cody, Riverton, and Buffalo, to  help them get ready for the state marching band competition on the 18th.  We sound and looked good.  They had performed at  half time a few weeks ago and they have really improved.

The weather has been really nice lately, a little chill in the air, but sunny and clear.  I went running yesterday and really enjoyed my views:







The run was nice, but halfway through it felt like something was burning on my arches.  I was clear out in the boonies so I had to keep running and I didn't want to wimp out.  When I got home I took off my shoes and I have 2 huge blisters on my arches!  Not fun.  I guess I will ride the bike at the gym for awhile until they heal.



No comments:

Post a Comment