Saturday, June 13, 2015

Return from Utah

Andy and I got back from Utah last night.  He had been participating in the BYU football camp.  It was a great experience for him and he felt like he learned a lot and got to meet Bronco Mendenhall as well.  Plus his only injuries were two jammed fingers!  I drove up on Wednesday, spent Thursday running around gathering things for our girls camp and for trek and spent time with Lauren, Matt, Audrey, my sister, and my mom.  I had plans to visit other people, but the time went too fast.  I had an enjoyable trip home with Andy, it helped the 6 hours and 35 minutes go a bit faster!

On my solo drive down to Utah South Pass was looking especially lovely.  That area can strike fear in my heart when the weather is bad, which seems to happen suddenly and without warning.  I have been driving in 50mph winds, zero visibility, ice, snow, torrential rain, etc.  Many prayers have been uttered in the hour it takes to go across those mountains.  This time, however, it was breathtakingly beautiful.  With all the rain we have been getting it has made those mountains come alive.  I had to stop and take some pictures.  These pictures reminded me of something I might see in Ireland.  






I got to help with the summer reading program here at our small library.  I did a 30 minute story time 3 times in a row as the kids rotated stations.  I had anywhere from 15-30 kids in each rotation, so it was pretty easy to manage.  I couldn't get any of the kids to check out any of the books I had on display, however, which was kind of sad!  I think they are just there to be entertained for a few hours and don't think that they can continue to enjoy stories at home!  

It's great to have Andy back and to be together as a family again.  It was a little hard to have Palmer leave and Andy gone, the house felt too empty!  

No comments:

Post a Comment