Monday, July 4, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 55

So anyway, the staff infection is finally leaving, thanks to you guys, but another problem is, is that on Thursday my skin just broke out with red dots everywhere, all over my body. I don't know if it's due to the medicine I was taking because it was mostly just Amoxocilin plus the red dots don't itch at all. Plus they're kind of just turning into red blotches that are just covering up my skin. And besides that below where my staff infection is leaving I feel another thing that feels exactly like the staff infection felt when I first got it. So I'm going to try to nip it in the bud now. Hopefully I can get rid of it now.

Anyway I had a cool experience this week. We were walking to a lesson and this go on the street stopped us and told us that we were good people and hard-workers, but that our doctrine and our church will take us right to Hell. He then started arguing with us about how only Christ saves us (he obviously thought that we think that Joseph Smith saves), but no matter what we said about how our church is centered in Jesus Christ and his atonement, he kept telling us how we were going to Hell. So my companion was just kind of sick, so he shook his hand and said ¨We'll see you in Hell then¨ and we walked off. Like always, contending with people does not make me feel very good. For the next day or so I just had a pit in my stomach because I know without a doubt that this church is true, but having people say things like that to you gives you horrible feelings.

Anyway I was reading in Luke a couple days later and I read chapter 6:22-23 that gave me a lot of comfort and relief: ¨Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.¨

So because those things happen I have reason to ¨leap for joy¨ because my reward is great in heaven, and I am experiencing a tiny little bit of what Jesus experienced.

Well anyway stay safe, love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment