Monday, October 3, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 68

Before Palmer wrote his "official" letter to us he emailed me some questions about a picture that I sent him of his nephew Van watching General Conference.  He asked where it was taken.  I told him it was in Lauren and Matt's apartment.  This is his reaction to that news:
" I love that carpet! And that TV! And just everything! It's been a long time since I've seen anything that nice!    Wow, I don't think I'll ever complain ever again about my living circumstances after my mission. And much less about doing laundry. And dishes. And cleaning in general."  It's nice to see his change in perspective!  Hurricane Matthew is going to pass close by Palmer, but it looks like he will be safe!


LETTER:
So conference was pretty awesome! I loved the missionary work based themes. It talked a lot about the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, the Atonement, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the importance of members and being united, among various other similar topics about missionary work.

So my convert Sonia, her daughter, Sonia as well, has been studying with us for sometime now. Now she is really starting to progress. When I first started teaching here she was: living with her abusive ex-husband, had lots of debts, and was definitely not happy in her life. Now she has finally left her abusive husband, has paid off half of her debts, and she says that for the first time in ten years she finally feels peace, and is truly happy. The other good thing is that she knows that those blessings have come from the gospel. Now she and her son have committed to get baptized on the 22nd of October!

The temple also went really well! I really love going to the temple. I've learned that it is a lot similar to the sacrament. That if one goes prepared and repented that they can receive revelation. Anyway, I think we'll be safe from the Hurricane. 

Talk to you guys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment