Saturday, December 16, 2017

Days 2 & 3 in Pennsylvania

Friday Brian and I at the suggestion of our Bed and Breakfast host, Bill Miller, (aka host extraordinaire) drove through Cook Forest which starts just a short 20 minutes outside of Clarion.  It was beautiful as we drove along the Clarion River with trees heavy with snow and the serene river.  I didn't take any pictures (my bad) as I was just enjoying the drive. So I am going to cheat and insert a Google Pic of the Cook Forest.



Friday night we had a reception at the director of the program's house who also happens to be my advisor, Dr. Lillard. We were able to talk with someone from the American Library Association (ALA) who was there to speak with the online graduates. It was an amazing time to meet all my professors whom I have taken classes from and talk with them and other students. Dr. Lillard's home is just a block from the Bed and Breakfast and the walk there was beautiful as well.



 Earlier that day Brian and I walked around the campus. Clarion has been around for 150 years and has some beautiful buildings. I took a picture of the Library, of course!




This simply beautiful cross stitch is in our room at the B&B and it summarizes perfectly what my idea to go to grad school years ago did for me today.


Today was the big day--Graduation!  We had a brunch before the ceremony at Dr. Lillard's home and again it was great to talk with everyone.  Then amid lightly falling snow we went to the ceremony.  I could hardly believe it when I walked into the gym with the rest of the graduates.  It was almost surreal.

Waiting to go into the ceremony

My selfie attempt

Brian took this you can see me turning my head to look at him in the middle

There it is, my diploma!

The happy couple!

Brian caught the announcing of my name on video:



My professors, Dr. Lillard (director of the program and my advisor), Dr. Clark, Dr. Ha, and Dr. Aristeguita


It was an incredible day and I'm so grateful I had this opportunity and that I came all the way to Pennsylvania!

No comments:

Post a Comment