Friday, May 1, 2020

Medium by C.J. Archer

Teen Fantasy. This is the first book in the Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy. I started listening to the audio book in the car with my daughter as we were on the way to Cody. It held our interest pretty well and we were enjoying the plot. Emily can speak to and see spirits of those who have died. Her sister inadvertently releases a demon and Emily is sent a spirit who can help her banish the demon before it does any damage. The spirit who is sent to help her is of a young man, Jacob, who can't remember how he died or where his body is. Of course they fall in love and Emily wants to try and help him find his body and who killed him.

My daughter wasn't too interested in listening more when we arrived home, so I finished the book alone. At the end of the first book the reader still does not know who killed Jacob and so I downloaded the second book, Possession, just to find out who did the deed. After listening to about half I got impatient and downloaded the last book, Evermore, and listened to the last few chapters to find out what happened. It is all wrapped up in the last two chapters which satisfied my curiosity.

This is one of those trilogies that could have been one stand along novel. I didn't miss reading/listening to the entire trilogy although the plot was good, it was just stretched a bit to thin to cover three books.

Recommend: Maybe not


Amazon.com: The Medium: A Romantic Historical Fantasy Ghost Story ...

No comments:

Post a Comment