Friday, June 12, 2020

Dangerous by Shannon Hale

Teen Science Fiction. Recently I tagged along with my daughter and son-in-law to Barnes and Noble. As we were walking into the store the friendly sales clerk informed us that the store was closing in 3 minutes!  It had been ages since I have had the freedom to browse a bookstore, so I was a bit disappointed. I walked around the teen fiction area and saw this book, grabbed it just as the announcer informed us that the store was closed.

I have enjoyed reading many of Shannon Hale's books, Book of a Thousand Days, being my favorite of hers. As I started this book and realized it was more science fiction than fantasy I was a little disappointed and actually put it down a third of the way through. Science fiction can become too technical for me and the science part of it can disrupt the flow of the plot at times (in my humble opinion). But I liked the main character's determination and her resolve not to let her hormones take over her decisions when it came to boys and so I decided I would finish the book. I'm very glad I did, the last half is action packed and I really liked where she took the story down to the ending.

Maisie Danger Brown was born without a right hand. She has been homeschooled her entire life and has dreams of becoming an astronaut. She wins a contest that gives her admittance to an astronaut boot camp. This starts her on an adventure involving a boy, a megalomaniac, and an alien plot to take over the world.

Recommend: Yes.

Dangerous: Hale, Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment