Saturday, March 20, 2021

A Stranger to Command by Sherwood Smith

 Fantasy Fiction. This book is a prequel to Crown Duel which I read a month or so ago. It follows the the character, Vidanric, in Crown Duel when he was a teen and illustrates the history behind the wars among the different countries. It's pretty technical in it's descriptions of training and preparing young men and women for possible military conflicts, but I kept reading because I liked the main character and liked to see how his character developed. I think the author is very good at character development, but her books do not always move quickly and require patience as you read. I'm glad I finished it, but would not recommend reading it before reading Crown Duel. 

Recommend: only after reading and loving Crown Duel.



No comments:

Post a Comment