Sunday, June 27, 2021

The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis

 Junior Fantasy Fiction. I received the box set of The Chronicles of Narnia when I was in elementary school. I instantly loved them and reread them multiple times. I even had a "wardrobe" of my own to read them in. Okay, it was a sleeping bag in my closet, but still I lost myself in wonder in that closet as I read of the adventures in Narnia. 

I listened to this one as I was driving home and thoroughly enjoyed it. This one takes place chronologically before The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but it was published after it. I think you should read it after reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe as that is how Lewis wrote them. As an adult I see the symbolism behind Lewis' writings, but the fantasy element of his books still appeals to the child like wonder in me. 

Recommend: Yes!



No comments:

Post a Comment