Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Sunkissed by Kasie West

 Teen fiction. I have a wonderful sister who surprises me by sending me books.  I recently moved states and states away and one day as I came home found a package on my doorstep with three books inside. I love coming home to packages! 

Kasie West writes teen romance novels. I acknowledge that these can be trite and formulaic, but they still have an appeal to many a teen girl. I've read several of West's books and they are entertaining, clean, and cute. I liked this one, but if you'd like a better one by her try By Your Side.

Avery and her family spend their summers camping, this year they are at a camp that has many amenities but Wi-Fi is not among them. Avery and her sister are not amused, but as they meet the camp employees and find some cute boys among them that changes. This book isn't just about flirting, although there is plenty of that, Avery finds out how to step out of her comfort zone and try things that have scared her in the past. She finds her voice (literally and figuratively) and by the end of the summer the lack of Wi-Fi is not among her least favorite things. 

Recommend: yes




No comments:

Post a Comment