Saturday, April 30, 2022

Down Size by Ted Spiker

 Non-Fiction. Fulfills Sports category in the Pioneer Book Challenge

I grabbed this book along with a few others to read on my lunch hour a couple weeks ago. I rarely read non-fiction and this one caught and held my attention. It reads more like a memoir than a weight loss book and the author's insights into his health journey resonated with me. It may be a bit of a stretch to put this in the Sports category for the book challenge I'm doing, but he does talk about several sports that have helped him in his quest for good health. 

This helped me narrow down why I have not had consistent success in keeping the weight off that I lost last year. Once I identified the real problems I've been able to come up with a better plan, not a diet, that I feel I can do throughout my life and not just to get into a certain size. One of my favorite things I took from this book was to create an If Then list. IF there are cookies delivered to my house by kind friends...THEN I will eat a carrot first. I've typed this list up and put it in my bathroom so I can be reminded of it everyday. 

Here's to a healthier body and mind!

Recommend: Yes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment