Sunday, April 8, 2018

What a week!

Thursday: Bridal pictures at Griffith's Observatory in L.A.





Friday: wedding at the L.A. temple, reception in La Canada.
















Saturday: Venice Beach





Sunday: General conference, Fresno temple, Fresno sun, Sanger, Madera, Atwater, Ione, Jackson, and finally Pine Grove-my mission areas. We stayed the night with Nola Hofmann in Pine Grove. I had dinner at her home when I was there. She was a great hostess and we loved our time there.

Listening to conference inside the Fresno Stake Center

This I remember, the sun is so bright and hot in Fresno!
High school in Jackson

Chickens in the Hofmann's yard

Monday: Sutter Creek, Lake Tahoe, and Reno. (And very windy roads)
Ice cream soda store in Sutter Creek


Ice cream for breakfast is the best!!

High school in Sutter Creek. This is where Nola Hofmann's children went including Ben Hofmann, Worland High School's Girls Basketball Coach.

Emerald Bay, my favorite spot in all of Tahoe!



Andy and Brian skipping rocks, because it was too cold for anything else.

Eric
Lucy

Look at that blue lake!  My favorite Lake in the world!

Tuesday: Nevada stretch of I-80. Not too much fun. We stopped in Elko to visit with our friends the Williams' that we met when Brian and I were in Kirtland Ohio and they were serving a mission there. Wonderful people!  No pics this day because, well, it's Nevada and not my fav! (Probably because of the many summers I drove across Nevada with my family with zero air conditioning!)

Wednesday: Stayed over night in Wendover, finally got to Utah!  Orthodontist appointments and time with the grandson!

Thursday: Wedding reception prep

Friday: Wedding reception in Orem. I was so busy I didn't take time to snap any pictures. It rained so we moved it inside the church and it turned out well!

Saturday: We said goodbye to my sister and her husband and Lauren and Matt and sweet Van, we will miss them!  It was great to stay with them and hang out for awhile!  We were supposed to leave for Worland, but got a late start and Brian was really tired so we decided to be spontaneous (not something we are used to) and stayed the night in Salt Lake (in the best hotel of the trip).

Sunday: Attended a ward that Brian used to attend with his father to watch the priesthood session when his dad lived in downtown Salt Lake. We got to meet Bishop Davies of the presiding bishopric and F. Burton Howard, an emeritus seventy, who went to high school in Thermopolis!  We decided to walk around temple square and then went to the conference center and got a tour. It was nice!

Open your eyes Eric!
We finally arrived home at 7:00pm!  Whew!  We drove over 3100 miles in a week!  It was well worth it and the kids were pretty chill about it (mostly).  We are tired though and happy to be in our own beds!  What a road trip!  Huge thanks to all those who helped along the way with the wedding in L.A., the reception in Orem and everything in between!  My family is awesome and I'm happy to add John Potter to our already great son-in-law Matt. Our daughters have chosen well!

No comments:

Post a Comment