Thursday, December 17, 2020

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner

 Teen Fantasy Fiction. This is the 2nd book in the Queen's Thief series, it follows The Thief. I listened to the audio version which was well done. After rereading The Thief and remembering all the things I loved about this series I immediately downloaded this book. As much as I love The Thief, this second book is equally, if not a little, better in my eyes. It has some shocking plot twists and keeps the reader guessing until the end, but the main reason I love it is the character development of the wonderful people I met in the first book. Megan Turner does a masterful job of rounding out her characters with nuances that lend me to think I would recognize them if I met them on the street. 

Gen is again doing what he does best, stealing things. This time he may have gone too far as he progresses from stealing things to stealing people. Things don't go as smoothly for him as they have in the past and he finds himself at the center of a war between not two, not three, but perhaps four countries. 

Recommend: Yes!




No comments:

Post a Comment