Thursday, January 21, 2021

The House With a Clock in Its Walls by John Bellairs

 Junior Fantasy Fiction. When I worked at a children's library long ago shelf reading (making sure all the titles are alphabetical by the author on the shelves) was very cathartic for me. I loved finding books that were new to me and it helped me discover treasures. I saw this book as well as the other books by this author countless times over the years but I never took the time to read them. This book was written in 1973 and is a mystery/fantasy type book. It was made into a film a few years ago, although I've never seen it. 

I enjoy reading books that were written before 1990 or so. I like the pace and the non technical world that I used to live in. This is about a young boy who is orphaned and his uncle takes him in to raise him. He soon finds out his uncle is a magician of sorts and this starts him on a number of magical adventures. It was a fun quick read and I believe I will pick up another one of Bellairs books to read in the near future. 

Recommend: Yes




No comments:

Post a Comment