Thursday, February 3, 2022

Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier

 Teen fantasy. Fulfills First in a Trilogy category in the Pioneer Book Challenge. 

Kerstin Gier is a German author whose books have been translated into English. I read her first trilogy, Ruby Red, and absolutely enjoyed it. When I saw this book at the library I immediately picked it out. I'm not sure what it is about this book that didn't draw me in like her previous ones. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it enough to read the second and third book. 

It's based on a group of kids that can travel in their dreams and visit other people's dreams. There is a demon involved that is very non-descript and vague. There is a fair amount of teenage angst and popularity posturing. Perhaps that is what put me off. I wouldn't turn people away from it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it either. 

Recommend: maybe




No comments:

Post a Comment