Thursday, March 24, 2022

Wanted: Perfect Partner by Debbie Macomber

 Romance. I rarely finish a book and extremely dislike it. Normally if I am finding I don't like it I simply stop reading. At my job yesterday, I was peeling off old stickers from the spine of some books that were faded and putting on new ones. Many of these books were Debbie Macomber's. She's a prolific author, but I have never read any of her books. I chose a short one and took it home to read. The only reason I finished it was because it was short. In this romance the main character's daughter wants her divorced mother to remarry and so puts an ad in the paper for her to find the perfect husband. At the same time a sister of a man that has never been married does the same thing. This seems like a fine premise for a romance plot, but the interaction between the sister and her brother and the mother and her daughter was nothing less than irritatingly ridiculous. I cannot imagine anyone having a family dynamics that mirrored these two families. The characters were completely unrelatable and as a result my calm evening curled up with a book just made me cranky. 

Recommend: Definitely not.



No comments:

Post a Comment