Thursday, June 9, 2022

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

 Mystery. Fulfill Best Seller Fiction Display category in the Pioneer Book Challenge

I've always been a mystery fan and especially and Agathe Christie lover. I normally read her mysteries that feature Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple and I love to watch the different adaptions on the large and small screens. This stand alone novel of hers is pretty dark, but I guess since each of her books usually has at least one murder in the story that could be said of all of them. This one seemed more sinister than others I have read. Perhaps it was because the detectives in her other books bring a bit of light into the stories. 

For those who have never read this I won't give any spoilers, but there are multiple murders committed and discussed throughout the book. And the absence of a detective as part of the story is not Christie's usual style. I would still recommend this book to those mystery lovers, but perhaps not to a first time mystery reader. 

Recommend: Perhaps




No comments:

Post a Comment