Monday, June 17, 2024

Borrow My Heart by Kasie West

 I have read several of Kasie West's books in the past and I like their light hearted, just enough angst, and plucky characters. My daughter received this one as a gift so, of course, I had to pick it up and read it. 

The basis of the plot is based on a typical miscommunication scenario. I don't love these especially when they go beyond an acceptable time for one or both of them to come clean and resolve the lies that are being perpetuated. The fall out from these falsehoods ends in overreactions which makes everything worse. I was a bit disappointed in the story and the characters. The sub plot was interesting, however, which was one of a complicated family situation. This kept me reading to the end. And of course, in the style of many a Hallmark romance, there are dogs. 

Recommend: no

teen fiction, romance, dogs, family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment