Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz

Murder Mystery. This is the second book in the Detective Daniel Hawthorne series. I thoroughly enjoyed his first book in the series, The Word is Murder and this second one is just as good. This mystery series has a unique twist; the author, Anthony, is a character in the story. He acts as Hawthorne's second man just as Watson did to Sherlock Holmes. Hawthorne is brash and blunt and doesn't much care about people's feelings, but, like Holmes, he's brilliant. Anthony is continually trying to smooth things over with the people they interview.

I love a good mystery and I always think I may know who did the crime, unfortunately I'm usually wrong. I listened to the audio version which was well done.

Recommend: Yes

Image result for the sentence is death

No comments:

Post a Comment