Saturday, July 4, 2020

Beauty by Robin McKinley

Teen fantasy. I have been revisiting some of my favorite books and reading them aloud to my children. I chose about 5 and let them pick which one I should start with. All three chose Beauty.

Robin McKinley is an incredible author whose descriptions and characters are life like and full of color. I've read Beauty too many times to count. I never tire of rereading it. It's the best retelling of Beauty and the Beast fairy tale that I have ever read (and I've read a lot of them)!  It's one of the books I always recommend to all types of readers, young and old, male and female. All three of my kids really enjoyed it. It's not too mushy for a 12 year old boy, but has enough romance for a 14 year girl to sink into. It has decisions that are hard to make and people who turn out to be more than you thought.

Recommend: Yes Yes Yes.

Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin ...

No comments:

Post a Comment