Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Dragonwatch: Return of the Dragon Slayers by Brandon Mull

 Teen fantasy fiction. Fulfills "To Be Read Pile" category in the Pioneer Book Challenge

This is the 5th and final book in the Dragonwatch series which continues the story of Kendra and Seth Sorenson started in the Fablehaven series. 

I have to admit I was a little hesitant to start this book. It sat on my night stand for a month or so. I've really enjoyed the Fablehaven and Dragonwatch books and since I knew this was the final installment I really wanted it to end well wrapped up with i's dotted and t's crossed. I was not disappointed. This may be the best wrap up of a series that I've ever read. There was a perfect balance of many things being resolved and some things not. Not everything had a happy ending and that felt very real life. But despite that, the characters dealt with the hands they had with dignity and hope. It really was a beautiful ending to an enjoyable ride!

Recommend: YES!



No comments:

Post a Comment