Monday, July 31, 2023

Love and Other Train Wrecks by Leah Konen

 On a recommendation from my daughter I opened this book. I have read, The Romantics by Konen, which I enjoyed. Konen's teens are multi-layered and their reactions to unforeseen situations are unformulaic. When I read YA fiction, especially romantic fiction, the characters often take the road most traveled and easiest. Not so with Konen's books, at least the two I've read. And the ending is not neatly tied up in a bow with all the conflict eased and erased by the last page. At the same time it's not a depressing read or unhopeful. It's real. 

Ammy (like Sammy without the S) and Noah are on a train in New York state. A snow storm hits, the train is delayed, and they decided to band together to get to their destinations sooner than the stalled train promises. Within 24 hours together they have a life time of experiences and emotions and each has some hard decisions in front of them. 

Young adult fiction, romance, realistic fiction, New York State, trains

Recommend: Yes




No comments:

Post a Comment