Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The Winter Companion by Mimi Matthews

 When I fly, which is not often, I like to have a regency romance book to read on the plane. It seems to distract me from the cramped quarters I'm forced to be in for the few hours I'm experiencing the miracle of flight. 

I've read other of Matthews' books and enjoyed all of them. This is the 4th book in the Parish Orphans of Devon series. You don't need to read these in order as each of them is about a different orphan boy as he matures and enters adulthood. This was a short enjoyable read. It had all the predictabilities of regency romances which is just what I needed to make the flight relaxing. 

Neville has had a traumatic brain injury that causes his speech to be a bit slower. Clara is trying to find a way to receive an education for which she feels is out of her reach. Together they are able to find peace and joy that they both felt would only be for others. 

Fiction, Regency romance, brain injury

Recommend: Yes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment