Monday, October 2, 2023

Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones

 Browsing my library's online library I saw this title and was especially interested when the summary compared it favorably to one of my favorite titles, Sorcery and Cecilia by Caroline Stevermer and Patricia Wrede. I enjoy a bit of magic and mystery intertwined with some romance with a backdrop of regency England. 

The story started out well, but after at least 6 or 7 chapters I was still waiting for something to happen. A few more chapters and still not a lot of action. The characters were fine and the setting up of the plot seemed to work well and had great potential. But I was disappointed overall. It seemed the book was in need of a fast forward button to get to the suspense and intrigue which all happened in the last few chapters. 

Recommend: Probably not

Mystery, magic, fantasy, regency England



No comments:

Post a Comment