Sunday, November 22, 2015

Harp Playing

Here in Worland the Museum has many social events.  I've been asked to play the harp at some of them.  Last Friday night the musician they had scheduled, a fiddler, canceled on them because of bad weather (she was driving up from Lander).  So the museum director, Sherryl, texted me at 4:30 and asked if I could be there ready to play at 5:30.  I said yes.  It was the annual "Quick Draw Auction".  Artists from Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming come and they have one hour to complete a work of art and then it's auctioned off.  It was a HUGE event with all the tables sold out.  They offered a complete Italian meal, which was quite good, and had an open bar. They said the more the patrons drink the higher they bid!  I played for 2+ hours and they paid me $500!  Wow, apparently I need to up my price!  There was a photographer there and he managed to snap a couple of pictures of me.  I don't think they are the greatest, but then I guess you always think/hope you look better than you actually do!



No comments:

Post a Comment