Monday, August 1, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 59

So sorry I'm writing so early today, I'll pobably miss a lot of you today, but Elder Empey and I have to go to the capital soon so we are hurrying and writing right now. But the baptism went very well. In our branch we baptized four people. A lot of people showed up, it was great! The thing was that we asked Sonia if she would be able to share her testimony after the baptism and she got really nervous, to the point of crying, but we tried to help her out, and she finally calmed down and bore an amazing testimony, I loved it. It was a great night, Sonia and Albert looked really happy. But due to my situation right now I am not able to send any pictures, I will try and do that next week.

More good news. Friday morning I got a call from President Knuckols and he informed me that I will be training this next transfer! I was so happy to hear that because I really did want to train. I'm so excited to teach a new missionary to be obedient and work hard, to give him a great start to his mission.

So my whole mission I've felt like I've been missing something. Like I haven't been doing something right or I haven't been enjoying my mission to it's full potential. Then I read this talk called ¨Be the Fourth Missionary¨ and it talks about the four different types of missionaries. The difference between the third and the fourth missionary is that the fourth missionary's desires are to keep the rules of the mission. He doesn't just keep the rules because he has to, he does it because he wants to. I can't just be out here on the mission while my desires are to do something I used to do back home, I'm not going to be changed by the mission like that. As it explains in 1 Corinthians 13 that we can do a lot of great things, but unless we do them with Charity, it doesn't benefit us at all. We can do everything we are commanded to do, but unless we do those things with Charity, we are not benefited from them.

I'm really going to strive to become the fourth missionary, and to help my son become the fourth missionary early on in his mission so that he can enjoy his whole mission to the fulness, and not make my same mistake. 

Well it's kinda hard to see Elder Empey go after being with him for 4 and a half months, but I'm excited to move on!

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment