Monday, May 14, 2018

Sister Edholm -- week 23

BIRD POOP AND SANDWICHES

Man oh man, this week has been crazy!

I don't even know where to begin...

I'll start with Eddy, he is the sweetest man ever! He gave us these poems that he had written for his granddaughter, they were so cute! To see him change is amazing. Every time that we see him he is better and better. He is truly striving to change and be ready for baptism, it is incredible to be an onlooker!

We were also able to teach this family, that usually stresses me out to teach, because they have a lot of little kids and they are usually crazy, but we finally sorted it out. We played bingo and came up with some 'prizes' for them to win, if they got bingo (it was some candy bars). It went really well, the mom even participated, she doesn't speak much English, but she was telling us the story of Jesus with the pictures in front of her, it was great to know that she was getting it all along! I got my hair done at their house as well, haha. 

On Friday we had exchanges in Dublin, I was with Sister Hogan. We had really good conversations with people. There was this guy that we talked to from Italy and we were able to give him a Book of Mormon and he said that he would read it! 
Okay, now for the real interesting story haha...
The very last person, Sister Hogan and I talked to, was this guy who was eating a sandwich. It looked really interesting (from what I saw it was egg salad, cheese, tomato, and I think some lettuce, but I am not sure), so I asked if he was enjoying it. He said, "YES, it is fantastic, do you want to try some?" Obviously, I said no, as would anyone, if a strange man was pushing a sandwich on them. He kept insisting that we try it, so finally (I know bad idea), I broke off a bit of the end of it, luckily it was pretty much just the bread part, and ate it. He even said, "Well that is just a bit of bread, get a real portion!"I REFUSED! He kept trying to get us to eat some of his sandwich, even though we kept saying no, AND THEN... (it can get worse I promise you) I seagull flew by and pooped all over me!! It was disgusting. At that point I had had it, I was in a crisis and this man kept insisting that we eat it, but I was a bit distracted, seeing that I was now covered in white goo. Sister Hogan, being the brave missionary she is, broke off a good amount of the sandwich and swallowed it as quick as she could! Let me just say it was an interesting day! But, at least you know if I die, it was probably from the sandwich. Haha

Remember to do your 1% improvements!

I hope you all have as interesting as a week as I had!!

Love you,
Sister Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment