Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 57

So, I'm sorry about yesterday that I was not able to write. I went with Elder Empey to visit two of his old areas before he goes home and we got back to Barahona at like 7:20. But I am able to write a little bit today.

So we have this white night coming up on July 30th that we have had planned for a long time. The purpose was we were supposed to go out finding like crazy to bring as many people as possible to get baptized. We had about six people with a baptismal date for the 30th. Now most of them have fallen and we've ended up with just Sonia and Albert. I think I've talked about them before. But they are really great and progressing really well. Albert as has told us many times how much he wants to be a real christian. He is 9 years old and his mom Sonia has been receiving the missionaries for a long time and has finally chosen to get baptized.

I've learned that you have to be bold and invite people early on to come unto Christ by being baptized, and that's how you can tell if they're someone that is prepared for you or if they need a little bit more time. Obviously with Sonia we were supposed to be patient and keep trying with her, but I know that there are lots of people prepared for us out there and I know that's how we can find them.

Anyway besides that everything is good. Hope little Van is doing well, I'm sure he's missing his favorite uncle, but that's normal.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment