Monday, January 30, 2017

Elder Edholm -- week 85

So... the baptism happened, we'll just leave it at that. But Lisandro was really happy, I could notice that, which was good because even when not very many people showed up and it started an hour and a half late, the power of God came in to save the day. Even though all that stuff happened to make one seem like their baptism isn't important, I know that Lisandro still felt the huge step that he made in his life that day.
Besides that everything is going great here. Yes I'm sure that you all heard about the schedule change, there was a broadcast for all of the missionaries around the world that announced that. For me, the schedule isn't that different than what we're already doing because in this mission the days that you can, you leave at 10 in the morning, and we never eat dinner, so the change isn't really that big of a thing for us. The bigger change is the change of the key indicators, which I like a lot better, but I won't go into that.
One thing I've noticed on my mission is that success comes from diligence. Like yesterday we did a division with some members in our ward and York and I went to a town really far away, and after a mediocre day with a lot of people failing us, we found a really great family, which really brightened up my hopes and gave me a new fire to keep working, I love this work more everyday!
That's interesting that Chase and Wade are companions, I remember wondering if they were in the same mission.


Lisandro and Palmer and his companion.  As Palmer's mother I have one thing to say to this photo, Oh. My. Word. Palmer is wearing flip flops.  If you know him well you will know what an accomplishment that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment