Monday, October 21, 2019

Elder Edholm -- week 14

This last week was the elections, so we couldn't leave our house one Sunday. Also something that is interesting, people get clowns for little kids birthday parties here. 

My companion has a super high motor, he is also in a hurry to share the gospel to everyone we meet. We have been doing that, but we haven´t been finding a ton of new people to teach, which is kinda sad. 

My Spanish is getting a little better, and I try talking more when we talk to people about the gospel, and also in lessons, so I get out of my comfort zone a little bit and try to talk more. Lots of the super old ladies here really do not like white people and are scared of them, so sometimes when we walk by them or try to shake their hands they don´t say anything and timidly shake our hands or even refuse to. 

I really miss clean drinking water and furniture. Sometimes i just want a cold glass of water or something else to sit on than just one plastic chair, but it´s OK. Something new about the culture that I found out is that they they think you will get sick if you sleep with the fan on at night, or have it on in church, kinda funny. 

Anyways, we are hoping for a baptism this Saturday, so I hope it works out!

Elder Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment