Monday, November 11, 2019

Elder Edholm -- week 17



Lots of pictures this week!  The president of Bolivia has resigned and most of the people are very happy. The country is now under martial law and hopefully that means no more violence, even though many of the roads are still closed. Andrew's area continues to be pretty calm and all the missionaries in his mission are safe. Here is his letter:

So this week has been super cool! I had my first baptism last Saturday! Gabriela Alfaro! At gave a short talk about baptism. I didn't know I was going to give it until a minute before I had to go up. So I hurried and prepared somethings. I read in Matthew 3:13-17 and then in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 11:25,26. I think I did really well for not having any time to prepare it! I thought my Spanish wasn't good enough, but it was! We have another baptism planned for this Saturday! So my companion is leaving this transfer, so this will be my 3rd transfer and my 3rd companion! Kind of nervous because I will have to show my new comp the area and the people we are teaching. And Something cool, the Bolivian president stepped down yesterday, so they were over a hundred motorcycles in the streets honking, and cars and semi's honking too. Everyone had Bolivia Flags and were celebrating in the streets. It was pretty cool!

The power went out in Bolivia, but a half mile away is Argentina and they had power, so that is why you can see lights. Taken from Andy's apartment. 

This is the house of some of the people Andy is teaching.

Andy bought a hammock

Hammock




Andy's hot plate where he makes eggs and pancakes. 

He bought fruit loops!

Mate (herbal drink)
Christmas tree Andy bought from the Chinese man




No comments:

Post a Comment