Monday, April 18, 2016

Elder Edholm - week 45

So everything is awesome here in Barahona. I see the ocean everyday, I'll send a picture next week of the good view I get of the ocean. But I also learned that there is this one beach after Barahona called Bahia de Las Aguilas, and they say it's supposed to be one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. It's amazing, I don't know if I'll ever get to go there, but I'm sure going to try because the pictures are amazing.

Also we have a baptism coming up this Saturday. It's this 9 year old girl named Esmailin (I think it's just a spanish adopted name from smiling). But she's super cute and a great little girl. She has been going to church with her grandparents for a long time. But I will also send a picture of that next week.

So something cool that happened is that there is this guy who was an investigator in another branch who was actually the one who gave us the reference of Jeison who is gonna get baptized on May 7th. But he is an amazing guy. He had only been investigating the church for 4 weeks and the zone leaders invited him to the zone meeting to talk a little bit. He gave me some of the best advice on missionary work I have ever heard, I can't write it all because it was just so much. He has also given us four other references. He did all that before he was even baptized. He just really showed me a great example of taking advantage of being a member of this church. He wasn't even a member yet and he gave me so much inspiration. We went to his baptism last Saturday. But I just thought it was really cool how well he accepted being a member of this church even before he was a member to give us five amazing references.

That's all for today, I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment