Monday, September 5, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 64

So I found out this week how important Preach My Gospel is. I felt like I should fast this week about how to be a better Preach My Gospel missionary. While I was doing it I found out through my companion that maybe we could have more success if we taught with more unity. I had always been the one to complain about my companions not giving me enough time to talk, and now I find myself doing it. I started pondering about it a lot, and then I read the section in Preach My Gospel about the importance of the companionship. Since then I've started trying to at least open Preach My Gospel everyday, but not just to read it, but to learn from it. Like for example study a section that I need help with. I've found that Preach My Gospel is the key. I can't complain about not having success if I'm not doing everything in my power to have success.

Right now is kind of a hard time in my area. We are in the process of dropping a lot of investigators that aren't progressing and finding new ones. Because if we are teaching somebody that hasn't gone to church in four or five weeks, that is time that can be used to be finding new people that will progress. It can be hard because there are people that you get close to and really want to progress, but maybe it's just not there time yet. But the good thing is is that I really think I'm starting to feel the pure love of Christ for people. Converts, members, friends from the street, I just find myself really caring about all of them and wanting the best for them. It was really rewarding to see two converts go to the temple this last Saturday. One of them named Geraldo was almost inactive about a month ago. When I first talked to him about the temple trip he didn't want to go at all. But really started working with him and caring about him, and I think he finally felt the love of Christ through us and he went and did baptisms. He told me he loved it and can't wait to go to the temple again. It really shows me how success isn't always measured by numbers.

Anyway, I love this work, and I love all of you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment