Monday, September 3, 2018

Sister Edholm -- week 39

Hello,

So, let me just start by saying this has been a long week. 
Last week I told y'all that I was staying in Clondalkin for one more transfer. Well last Tuesday while I was enjoying my birthday, we get a text that says that everyone that doesn't have a Garda card (visa for Ireland) needs to go home and pack immediately. Well as you would be if you were in my shoes, I was a bit confused. But, we did as President Macdonald asked and went home and packed up our lives. 
And then.. No word. 
The next morning, we get another text that says that we need to stay packed, but that we need to go out and work as usual. So we did and then at around 8pm we get another text that says that every single missionary will be contacted and told where their new moves are. So at 10:15pm we get that call and we found out that both Sister Hood and I are moving back to Scotland. Sister Hood to Dumbarton and me to Paisley. 
We prepared to leave and then it gets worse. We get to the bus station on Friday morning and it turns out that we are flying and nobody told us they told us we would take the ferry... So none the less I got stuck in security and had to throw away half of my carry-on. 
After an eventful couple of days though we finally made it and were able to shower on Saturday morning. 

I love Paisley! I really miss Clondalkin, but I know that there is a reason that I am here. Sister Mckay and I are ready to hit the ground running and get to know everyone. The ward is already great and we love them!!

Have a great week! 

I love you
Sister Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment