Monday, January 11, 2021

Elder Andrew Edholm -- week 78

 Was good week, I just want to talk about one family that we are teaching. It's a Honduran family, Oscar and Mildred, and they have two little girls, Rachel and Katherine. Some other missionaries actually talked to them first, the Nepali Elders, and they were able to right down her number with the little Spanish that they know, pretty cool. Anyways they are extremely nice! Definitely two of the nicest people I've might in these 18 months as a missionary. We read some scriptures with them and they have a really strong faith. We'll be going back tonight so I'm pretty excited.


In my personal personal study this week there were two scriptures, one in the Bible and the other in the Book if Mormon, that really jumped out to me, they were and proverbs 3:5-6 and Jacob 10:4.

     5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
     6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

     10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.

My companion is actually the one who showed me the two verses in Proverbs, so a quick hat's off to him. After reading these two passages, I was thinking about how hard it is to give up our desires and replacing them with the desires of someone greater, to also trust in the Lord no matter what, and that means trusting in his counsel. I'm going to be better at that this week and I hope you guys will too.

See you next week!

-Elder Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment