Monday, December 28, 2020

Elder Andrew Edholm -- week 76

 This went last week went really well we have started teaching two new people, Gabriel and Mireya. Gabriel is the brother of Catarina, and always when we went over to teach Catarina he would pop in for a second and then leave. Earlier this last week we were able to get his phone number and talk to him personally and set up a time to get to know him a little more. He told us that one of the biggest ways that he knows God is there watching over him was in the process getting to the U.S. from Venezuela. It took him years and years to get a visa and also save up money enough to fly because he wanted to live here in Utah. He also knows some members down in the Provo/Orem area. On Sunday he was also able to come to church too with his son Angel Leonardo.

Mireya is from Mexico city and has spoken with the sister missionaries in the past a little. She also told us a story of how God comforted her when she was sick with her 1 year old son. She told us that she really enjoyed us coming over and sharing with her, we are going to be able to go back and share some more sometime this week.

In my personally study this week two things that I read really stuck out to me. The first in the Book of Mormon and the second in the Bible

2 Nephi 28:8 
   8 And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God—he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God."

I was thinking to myself, in what ways do I justify not doing or being my best, and I realized that I actually do it often. I'm not just supposed to do things with just the right effort and nothing more, I need to serve God with all my "heart, might, mind, and strength".

1 Thessalonians 5:16-22 
   16 Rejoice evermore.
   17 Pray without ceasing.
   18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
   19 Quench not the Spirit.
   20 Despise not prophesyings.
   21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
   22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I think if there was ever a quick guide to being a good person, these 7 verses would be it. They just state it so clearly, I don't have to say anymore. 

See you next week

-Elder Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment