Thursday, July 23, 2015

Flaming Gorge

Emma, Lucy, Peter, and I went on a quick trip to Utah.  Emma had her annual check up with her doctor at Primary Children's Hospital (she has hypo thyroid--Hashimoto's disease.  She is doing really well).  On the way back we decided to take a detour and visit my relatives in Leota Utah.  My dad is from there and his oldest sister, Iova, and youngest brother Don still live there.  Iova was just diagnosed with cancer, she is 89.  Leota is in between Vernal and Roosevelt in Eastern Utah.  It's a VERY VERY small town, if you can even call it a town.  My sister went with us and our GPS led us a little bit astray--like an hour astray!  We took the scenic route amid farms and ranches and two phone calls later to my Uncle made it to his house!  It has been a long time since I've been out there and my childhood memories didn't serve me well!  It was a very good visit, I love my relatives and I'm glad we made the extra trip to see them.  Susie turned around and went back to Orem and we went north to Wyoming.  I had never been this direction before.  It took us through Ashley National Forest and Flaming Gorge Dam.  We stopped at the Dam and got out because it's beautiful and because my dad worked on the dam before he was married, he was one of the electrical engineers.  Here are some of the pictures while we were there.

Flaming Gorge Reservoir

Emma and Pete attempting Lion King pose try #1
Try #2 is a bit more successful!




Trying to skip rocks




Outside Uncle Don and Aunt Jane's house

This trip added a number of hours to our trip home, but was worth it!  The kids were amazingly good, no complaining or whining!

No comments:

Post a Comment