Monday, March 21, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 41

Well not much to report this week. Just another normal week on the mission.
One cool thing that happened is I was able to really actual help out my companion with a problem he was having. It's really cool the ways that you can help people out if you pray and fast about it first.
One cool thing is that this is easter week, and Habichuelas con dulce or sweet beans I guess would be the translation is really popular during this week. It's pretty much just like beans, sweeten condensed milk, sweet potato, coconut milk, and a lot of other things, but it's way good, and I'm gonna be eating a lot of it this week!
But also it's a good time just to remember our Savior and what he went through this week, as a mission each day we are reading about what happened on each one of these days two thousand years ago on the last week of our Savior's mortal ministry. It's a really cool thing to do, I would suggest it to you guys, but I'm also ponderizing an easter scripture.
In the past Easter really only meant chocolate, candy eggs, and stuff like that. But Easter actually has a much deeper meaning as I'm just now realizing. It means something we probably just take for granted everyday, that Jesus Christ lives, and because of what He did we can all live with Him again.
I love you guys, and hope you have a great Easter Week!
Here is a picture, it's the last standing place where Christopher Columbus slept

Palmer's zone at the temple, he's in the very back

No comments:

Post a Comment