Monday, March 28, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 42

Well everything was going just great up here in Villa Altagracia until we got the transfer calls on Saturday night. Sadly enough I'm leaving Villa Altagracia and saying goodbye to all the awesome members and my converts. It was kind of hard to take at first because the Espinosa family was progressing so well, and now I won't be able to see them get baptized, but I'm not worried because they are an awesome family and they are gonna do just great without me.
But I'm getting transferred way in the heck out there. The zone is called Barahona. It's pretty close to Haiti and it's really rural. They are a ton of people out there who don't know how to read, lots of uneducated people. I think I'm gonna be having to do a lot of hand washing my clothes, but that doesn't matter, I'm excited to experience the deep south of the DR. Up to now I've only been in wards and stakes, but after San Cristobal they are all branches and districts.
Tonight I'm gonna have a family home evening with the Espinosa Family and two other families in the ward that I've grown really close to, it'll be hard to say goodbye, but that's the mission, I'm sure I'll meet lots of great people in Barahona.
But anyway, sorry I don't have much to report today besides that things are going pretty good, and I'll let you guys know next week how everything's going in my new area.

No comments:

Post a Comment