Monday, May 23, 2016

Elder Edholm -- week 50

So, fun fact, 1 year from today I will be home!!! It's kind of cool but at the same time that went by so fast, and I hope that I do a lot better and improve a lot before I go home.

But anyway we had a conference on Thursday, and our whole zone went into the conference fasting to be able to learn a lot from Elder Cornish. He is the area presidency. But the conference was great. I learned that I always need to be finding new investigators instead of just working with the few I have. Because it's more likely to find those investigators that are waiting for you by always finding new ones and by quickly moving on from the ones that aren't ready to progress yet.

But I also learned that the talks, lessons, and everything from the prophets and apostles aren't just given to be able to listen to good talks that they put together. But they are actual inspiration given to them straight from God to us to be able to be put in practice, applied in our lives. I finally understand that now, that that's the purpose of the scriptures, prophets, callings, the church, everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment