Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy Birthday Audrey!

It's my dear Audrey's birthday today!  22 years old as of about 1:00pm today.

One year old

4 years old

Three years old

a few months old

Graduating from High School

Disneyland 2006
I wish I could be with her today!  I'm feeling very nostalgic as I've been looking at pictures of Audrey and Lauren when they were little.  I'm remembering how overwhelming young motherhood was, but how much I loved it at the same time.  I'm amazed at the love I feel for my children from the time I first felt them move inside of me.  They are miracles to me and send me so much joy everyday amidst the frustrations and concerns and irritations and messes and tears and failures and successes.  At the end of the day I wouldn't trade my life for anyones.

I'm feeling very privileged today.  I spent a few hours reading in front of our fire.  It felt so luxurious and the best part was I absolutely loved the book, Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White.  It's by far the best book of hers that I've read, great characters and a very satisfying ending.  I do like a satisfying ending!

I have been happy to see the temperatures getting above freezing a bit this week, but now we have literal rivers and lakes in the street as ALL that ice if finally starting to melt.  Then this morning it got below freezing again and everything is like an ice skating rink!  Even the sidewalks are incredibly slick.  Fun times.

I'm off to my weight lifting class to add more soreness to my weak body!

No comments:

Post a Comment