Friday, September 18, 2015

Snail Mail Letter from Elder Edholm

Dear Family,

So a funny story that happened a while ago.  We contacted this house late at night and this old lady answered the door and we got in the house.  This lady looked like she was 70 or 80.  We started talking to her and she said that she lived there with her MOM!  I couldn't believe it, an 80 year old lady, and her mom's still alive and living with her!  Obviously Elder Campbell couldn't believe it either so he invited her to invite her in to share with us.  Then she yelled, "Mama!"  a couple of times.  Then I heard this deep growling that literally sounded like a zombie and the oldest woman I've ever seen trudged out of that room.  I couldn't believe it.

Anyway I'm also sending you guys a 20 Peso bill so you can see what Pesos look like.  20 Pesos isn't very much money at all.  45 Pesos equals a dollar.  But you can buy a lot with 20 Pesos here.  They have Colmados which are basically just like run down convenient stores, all over the place and you can buy a half liter of pop for 15 Pesos.  

Well I hope you guys are enjoying your air conditioned house and school is going well for everyone else.  Everything's going great out here.  Spanish is going really well, I'm not fluent yet, but I'm getting there.  Anyway, I'll talk to you guys later, I miss all of you, but not too much because I'm usually pretty focused on the work.

Love Elder Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment