Monday, March 6, 2017

Elder Edholm -- week 90

Well this week along with last week were pretty hard. almost no members left with us, it was hard to find news, lots of people failed us, hid from us, and other things. But I learned an important lesson that is "After much tribulation come the blessings" Doctrine and Covenants 58:4. Because after all that happened we came to church on Sunday to find 10 investigators there! I think that's the most I've ever had! I'm not trying to boast about it at all, I just know that God was showing us His love, that scripture is really true, after passing the tribulation God gave us the blessings.

We had another huge blessing on Sunday. We are teaching a Venzuelan family. They're really great. There is actually a girl that's a member in our branch that's from Venezuela. We mentioned to her that we were teaching that family, and she said that she would want to go with us to teach them. She took our number and everything, but she never called us. Yesterday as we were walking to an appointment we saw her and her husband walking in the other direction, they called us over and they told us that they went by themselves and visited that family, I was shocked because I only told her the area where she lived. I asked her how she found them and she told us that she just went around asking people if they knew a venezuelan family that lived close by, it really shocked me because I had never met a member that would do anything like that. It's a miracle that they found them because there are so many Venezuelans living here. They cleared up the doubts that they had about the Book of Mormon and everything, it truly was a miracle to see members liking that, acting for themselves, and not being acted upon.

Besides that the work is going great, we are finding like crazy because we have a special day coming up in April that's a special day for the mission to baptize lots of people, April 8th, we're trying to find as many people as we can to find the people that are prepared to get baptized on that date.

I love this work and I love all of you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment