Monday, June 11, 2018

Sister Edholm -- week 27

Last Monday, after we emailed, we had a ward BBQ. At the end of it they had their annual wellie toss and we participated in it. It was really fun, but with all games, I am still the reigning champion of getting last place haha. BUT Sister Westbroek got first in the women's throw!! 

The STL's had to go to a training meeting in Edinburgh, well first Sister Curtis had to go to a training and then Sister Irving joined her the next day, SO we had to go to Dublin and hangout with Sister Irving for the day and then the next day, we dropped her off early at the airport and we had her car. Let me tell you, driving after 6 months on the other side of the road is a little mind boggling haha. It wasn't actually that bad, but I learned that I love walking, because I forgot how hard it is to turn around, if you make a wrong turn. THANK GOODNESS FOR SATNAVS!! 

We were able to witness our friend, Adele, be baptized on Sunday. It was the best thing that I have been a part of so far! She has been waiting since January to be baptized, she just had to move out of her house, it took awhile for her to find a new one and finally last week, she nonchalantly said that she had moved into a new house and could finally be baptized!! She is such an amazing person and it was so cool to see her bear her testimony at the end of the service!! I LOVE HER!! 

I have learned a lot this week about miracles and how God works in mysterious ways, He truly does care and love us and He knows exactly what we are going through and what we are feeling. 

This week we were working on ways to keep our thoughts more in harmony with God's will, so we thought we would memorize a scripture on virtue, it is a good one, I would recommend reading and or if you want to take up the challenge, memorize it as well!
D&C 121:45-46

I love you all!!
Sister Edholm

No comments:

Post a Comment