Saturday, November 29, 2014

Yesterday we went to our town's Christmas light parade!  How cool is it that this town that is soooo cold still has a parade the day after Thanksgiving!  It was a little warmer than it has been, in the 30's, so it wasn't too painful.  It lasted about 15 minutes and then everyone went to the grocery store which had free chili and hot chocolate.  And get this, the chili was homemade!  Someone from the chamber of commerce spent two days making it!  Small town score!

I decided to do some Black Friday shopping yesterday.  I walked into the Shopko Hometown store, picked up the things I needed and walked out in 10 minutes.  Yeah, Black Friday here really isn't a thing!  Brian had to work yesterday from 6:30am to close and said there was about 5 people who came in.  I'm not sure the lumber yard is the place to be on Black Friday.

I'm nearly down with my Christmas shopping, which is such a change for this shop on Christmas Eve girl.  I think I'm liking how prepared I am!

This morning as we are listening to Bing Crosby sing Lucy came up to me and said, "Mom, I learned how to blow a bubble and do Sudoku!"  Such accomplishments!


No comments:

Post a Comment